Saturday, March 16, 2013

What I Can Offer My Group


The skills that I can offer my group for our group project are my Leadership skills, Computer skills, and Proofreading Skills.

Leadership Skills: I can help organize a group meeting by setting up documents in Google drive and making sure those involved in the project have access to the document.

Computer Skills: I have the ability to create and organize the editing functions in a wiki and Google Docs that our group can use to edit, create projects, and communicate back and forth to accommodate our busy schedules.

Proofreading Skills: I can help our group by proofreading our project for errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.  I can also watch for discrepancies that could possibly raise a flag in the record.

A proposed code of conduct for my group would be; do not act in a manner that is deliberately hostile and insulting to other participants.

Everyone handles conflict differently to find out how I handle conflict I filled out a questionnaire on how I respond to conflict.  It states that I typically resolve conflict by collaborating, compromising, accommodating, and lastly avoiding the situation in the future. To compromise means to make a deal between different parties where each party gives up part of their demand.  In arguments, compromise is a concept of finding agreement through communication, through a mutual acceptance of terms-often involving variations from an original goal or desire.  To collaborate is working together to do a tasks when two or more people in organizations work together to realize shared goals.  By sharing knowledge, leaning and building consensus.  Most collaboration requires leadership. Accommodating means to bring it into reconcile or harmony by settling the problem and then competing or striving towards a goal to receive victory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment